GET YOUR HERBACEUTIKALS NOW

Shop Herbaceutikals
Join Email list for sales and event notices

Subscribe to our mailing list

* indicates required
Email Format

Thursday, October 23, 2014

Mastering Parenting

If your living the clean green lifestyle and have kids then ice pops are your greatest tool and an exciting treat/eward for your little one. In our house it all started with teething and a wise woman (aka grandma) told me, just make ice pops. They are intriguing for a young child, provide a little liquid and save money. I started out by making some chamomile tea, sweetened with honey and charged with some powdered vitamin c. As she outgrew teething and the summers would roll around and I would worry about staying hydrated as we spend summers outside all day long in the sun; I reinvented this old trick. Smoothie Pops. I always make smoothies for myself. I make them a bit thick loaded with flax and hemp seeds and oats and such, which Lhailah will only drink so much of. So after we all enjoy our cool fruity, or veggie beverage I add some extra coconut milk to thin it out a bit, and a banana to sweeten it up. Blend it and and pour the pops. These are my kids sweetest treat right next to ripe fruit. On days when she needs extra fluids I'll promise her an ice pop After a tall glass of water. Or when sick with a fever these are perfect. I have even made a strong herbal tea for cold and fever, blend it with powdered vitamin c and banana. Freeze. And let her eat as many as she likes when sick. It keeps the body cool, hydrated and getting valuable nutrients that would otherwise be difficult for a stubborn preschooler to get just though tea. 
Today I made myself a #carrotjuice with #flax, #ginger, #hempseeds, #cinnamon, water, #rawhoney. Then added frozen pineapple, banana and peaches to what was left to make smoothie pops.
Drink Up!

No comments:

Post a Comment